non compartmentalized

the title pretty much says it all; rather than having blogs for art, music, photography, yard work, garden work, home, travel, etc. AS I HAVE DONE & ALREADY DO HAVE, this will be virtually "life as i live it"... day by day... non compartmentalized

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

i blog, therefore i am

the idea of doing an all in one blog? actually, it was about my website, which became an unmanageable uncontrolled monster, like my 6 blogs & myspace pages. my friend Emi in switzerland suggested i just put everything on my website instead of links to links to links to links, which in this day and age does not make sense. everyone lives in clips & soundbites. unless one is REALLY interested, they do not want to read pages and pages of stuff- or paragraphs for that matter. [or probably this... but this is MY space]

as is, my website is merely the skeleton on which i hang my body of  links- click 'videos' to go to youtube- click my space to hear some music, etc. all completely too much to manage daily, when i have so many other ideas in my head and so many things to do. 

my life is not just about my career; nobody's is, unless they want it that way. i don't. and my career is not ONLY about music- although that is my primary work. it's also about art and photography and various other art stuff, and always has been. i began doing experimental videos, then realized, as michael rasbury once told me "life is too short for video"- it does take a lot of time and patience and concentration. it is a better winter thing to do; like baking. its on hold.

so, voila... yet a new blog. i will use this and begin slowly dismantling the others- although they are valid and do serve their purposes, they're a bitch to maintain. the vintage/found fotos/slides and such do need their own home; as does my artwork and some of my pohotography which lur each others lines and slip back and forth into each other. perhaps a monthly myspace update would be a good thing. 

as mary moses said, "facebook is like crack' not that we would know, but it has certainly taken up a lot of people's time- and usurped email. someone once asked me "do you LIVE on facebook" -because i posted so often and so much- to which i said "yes, i dont have a real life"- not true, but it sounded good at the time. i DO live a far ways from town! actually, so many of my friends are scattered all over the world, that facebook is indeed a wonder, that i can keep in touch with them. i thought so many lost; and yet reconnected decades later. but despite all the social networking, i/we have become almost non social. do i/we pick up the phone and call friends or even visit them wherever i am/we are? i think, if so, very seldom. it's not because i/we dont want to, it's just that our lives [?] are consuming damned near every minute of every day... so maybe i DO live in virtual reality; you gotta live somewhere

always being wordy and having hypergraphia i've always written [and drawn] a LOT [songs, lyrics, poems, letters, stories, journals, etc] since childhood. the diaries & journals & letters are private/personal, as is a lot of my 'real time' life... but a lot of my life IS lived in public. i share what i want to; but, i find both myspace and facebook too limited for my wordiness- and twitter? forget it. yes, myspace [which IS good for music biz] has its own blog- but i seldom update- MAYBE i can have my cell phone send me a reminder to update monthly.

now to go inspect my clean yard, make photos, and go to 'town' - and quit slaving over this hot laptop... but i WILL have my phone w/me